Section 124 of GST – Fine for failure to furnish statistics. In this GST Section you may find all details for Fine for failure to furnish statistics as per GST Act 2017. Detailed Analysis of GST Section 124 of GST Act 2017.
Must Read – List of all sections of GST
Section 124 of GST – Fine for failure to furnish statistics
If any person required to furnish any information or return under section 151, —
- (a) without reasonable cause fails to furnish such information or return as may be required under that section, or
- (b) wilfully furnishes or causes to furnish any information or return which he knows to be false,
he shall be punishable with a fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees and in case of a continuing offence to a further fine which may extend to one hundred rupees for each day after the first day during which the offence continues subject to a maximum limit of twenty-five thousand rupees.
Analysis and Updates
This section provides for penal consequences for failure to furnish information or return as required under section 151 regarding collection of statistics.
TThe section specifies penalty for failure to provide information or return in two circumstances viz.
(a) fails to furnish information or return without reasonable cause; and
(b) furnishing false information wilfully.
The penalty specified is of up to ` 10,000/- and where the offence is continuing a further fine of up to ` 100/- per day subject to maximum of ` 25,000/- under the respective Act.
|Section 151||Power to collect statistics|
Recommended Articles –
Important Articles for You
- Section 147 of GST – Deemed exports under GST Act
- Section 114 of GST – Financial and administrative powers of President
- Section 113 of GST – Orders of Appellate Tribunal with Analysis
- Section 149 of GST – Goods and services tax compliance rating
- Section 144 of GST – Presumption as to documents in certain cases
- Section 158 of GST – Disclosure of information by a public servant