Section 12 of GST – Time of supply of goods under GST
GST Act 2017: Section 12 of GST Act 2017 – Time of supply of goods under GST. Check out details for GST Section 12 as per CGST Act 2017. Complete Analysis of GST Section 12, Section 12 of GST provide details for Time of supply of goods under GST. Explanation of Goods and Service Tax all Sections. Check Section Wise Analysis of GST Act 2017, Chapter Wise Analysis of GST All Sections. in this article you may find complete details regarding Section 12 of CGST Act 2017 – Time of supply of goods under GST, gst all section and definitions. Now Check more details from below…..
Must Read – List of all sections of GST
Section 12 of GST Act 2017 – Time of supply of goods
(1) The liability to pay tax on goods shall arise at the time of supply, as determined in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(2) The time of supply of goods shall be the earlier of the following dates, namely: —
- (a) the date of issue of invoice by the supplier or the last date on which he is required, undersub-section (1) of section 31, to issue the invoice with respect to the supply; or
- (b) the date on which the supplier receives the payment with respect to the supply:
Provided that where the supplier of taxable goods receives an amount up to one thousand rupees in excess of the amount indicated in the tax invoice, the time of supply to the extent of such excess amount shall, at the option of the said supplier, be the date of issue of invoice in respect of such excess amount.
Explanation 1.– For the purposes of clauses (a) and (b), “supply” shall be deemed to have been made to the extent it is covered by the invoice or, as the case may be, the payment.
Explanation 2. – For the purposes of clause (b), “the date on which the supplier receives the payment” shall be the date on which the payment is entered in his books of account or the date on which the payment is credited to his bank account, whichever is earlier.
(3) In case of supplies in respect of which tax is paid or liable to be paid on reverse charge basis, the time of supply shall be the earliest of the following dates, namely:
- (a) the date of the receipt of goods; or
- (b) the date of payment as entered in the books of account of the recipient or the date on which the payment is debited in his bank account, whichever is earlier; or
- (c) the date immediately following thirty days from the date of issue of invoice or any other document, by whatever name called, in lieu thereof by the supplier:
Provided that where it is not possible to determine the time of supply under clause (a) or clause (b) or clause (c), the time of supply shall be the date of entry in the books of account of the recipient of supply.
(4) In case of supply of vouchers by a supplier, the time of supply shall be –
- (a) the date of issue of voucher, if the supply is identifiable at that point; or
- (b) the date of redemption of voucher, in all other cases.
(5) Where it is not possible to determine the time of supply under the provisions of sub-section (2) or sub-section (3) or sub-section (4), the time of supply shall –
- (a) in a case where a periodical return has to be filed, be the date on which such return is to be filed; or
- (b) in any other case, be the date on which the tax is paid.
(6) The time of supply to the extent it relates to an addition in the value of supply by way of interest, late fee or penalty for delayed payment of any consideration shall be the date on which the supplier receives such addition in value.
Recommended Articles –
- GST Due Dates
- GST Return
- GST Forms
- GST Rate
- GST Registration
- What is GST?
- GST Invoice Format
- GST Composition Scheme
- HSN Code
- GST Login
- GST Rules
- GST Status
- Track GST ARN
- Time of Supply
If you have any query regarding “Section 12 of GST Act 2017 – Time of supply of goods” then please tell us via below comment box…