GST Rates in 2020 – List of Goods and Service Tax Rates, Slab & Revision, GST Rates in India 2020 (Item Wise GST Rate List in PDF). Download GST Rate Finder. Search GST Rate List in PDF Format and Excel Format with HSN Code List. Download GST Rates 2020 in PDF Format, We finally have the GST rates out and a near certainty of implementation with effect from 1st July, GST Item Wise list available in PDF format for Download. GST Tax Rate in India. GST Rates Finalised, GST Rate Slabs 5%, 12%, 18% & 28%. Combined GST rate is being discussed by the Government. Here you may check gst rates in india item wise in pdf format or gst tax rate list 2020 as approved by GST Council in various meetings. .
For Example:- Rajesh, a dealer in Maharashtra sold goods to Anand in Maharashtra worth INR 10,000. The GST rate is 18% comprising of CGST rate of 9% and SGST rate of 9%, in such case the dealer collects INR 1800 and INR 900 will go to the central government and INR 900 will go to the Maharashtra government.
Again, if Rajesh sells goods to dealer in Delhi worth INR 10,000, this being inter- state, the dealer will charge IGST at the rate of 18% and the amount collected INR 1800 will go the central government and will later be apportioned between the union and the states on the recommendation of the GST Council.
GST Rate revision on 14-03-2020
GST rates on mobile phones raised to 18%
For correction in inverted duty structure the GST rates on mobile phones has been increased to 18%. The rate calibration is due to accumulation of ITC since rate of Inputs are higher than the rates of output (Mainly due to Input Service and Capital Goods which are taxed at 18%).
|Product||Present GST Rate||Recommended Rate|
|Mobile Phones and specified parts||12%||18% (Would be effective from 1st April 2020)|
|Handmade Matches||5%||12% (Would be effective from 1st April 2020)|
|Other than Handmade Matches||18%||12% (Would be effective from 1st April 2020)|
|Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) services in respect of aircraft||18%||5% with full ITC (Would be effective from 1st April 2020|
This change is likely to assist in setting up of MRO services in India. Domestic MRO will also get protection due to 5% tax paid under section 3(7) of the Customs Tariff Act, 1975 on most imported goods (sent abroad for repairs) as this tax is not available as credit.
GST Rate revision on 20-09-2019
GST Council had its 37th meet held at Goa on Friday (20th September 2019). Read all the highlights on 37th GST Council Meeting..
The following are the rate cuts announced at the 36th GST Council meeting:
GST Rate Revision effective from 1 October 2019
|Item||Current Rate||New Rate|
|Plates and cups made of flowers, leaves and bark||5%||Nil|
|Caffeinated Beverages||18%||28%+12% cess|
|Supplies of Railways wagons & coaches (without refund of accumulated ITC)||5%||12%|
|Outdoor Catering (without ITC)||18%||5%|
|Diamond Job work||5%||1.50%|
|Other Job work||18%||12%|
|Hotels (Room Tariff of Rs.7501 or above)||28%||18%|
|Hotels (Room Tariff from Rs 1,001 to Rs 7,500)||18%||12%|
|Woven/ Non-woven Polyethylene Packaging bags||18%||12%|
|Wet grinders (consisting of stone as a grinder)||12%||5%|
|Semi-precious stones- cut & polished||3%||0.25%|
|Specified goods for petroleum operation under HELP*||Applicable Rate||5%|
*Hydrocarbon Exploration Licensing Policy
|Item||Current Rate||New Rate|
|Cess on Petrol Motor Vehicles (Capacity of 10-13 passengers)||15%||1%|
|Cess on Diesel Motor Vehicles (Capacity of 10-13 passengers)||15%||3%|
GST Exemption available for:
- Supplies to FIFA- specified persons for the Under-17 Women’s Football World Cup in India
- Supply to the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) for specified projects in India
- Imports of certain defence goods not made indigenously (up to 2024)
- Supply of silver/platinum by specified agencies (Diamond India Ltd) for export
- Import of Silver or Platinum by specified agencies (Diamond India Ltd)
Job work service:
- To reduce rate of GST from 5% to 1.5% on supply of job work services in relation to diamonds.
- To reduce rate of GST from 18%to 12% on supply of machine job work such as in engineering industry, except supply of job work in relation to bus body building which would remain at 18%.
GST Rate revision in 36th GST council meeting
GST Council had its 36th meet via video conference on Saturday (27th July 2019).
The following are the rate cuts announced at the 36th GST Council meeting:
|A full exemption is given to hiring of e-buses(seating capacity exceeds 12 passengers) by local authorities
Note: Will come into effect from 1 August 2019 after the CBIC notification
GST Rate revision in 31st GST council meeting
31st GST Coucil meeting was held 22nd December 2018. GST Rates for 23 Goods and 3 Services have been revised*.
Here is a summarised version of the list of rate cuts on both Goods and Services:
|List of rate changes at 31st GST Council Meeting|
|SL.no||List of Goods/Services||Changes in Tax Rate|
|1||Vegetables provisionally preserved but unsuitable for immediate consumption||5% to Nil|
|2||Vegetables cooked/uncooked via steamed, frozen or boiled (branded)||5% to Nil|
|3||Music Books||12% to Nil|
|4||Parts for manufacturing renewable energy devices falling under chapter 84, 85 or 94 of Tariff||5%|
|5||Natural cork||12% to 5%|
|6||Fly ash blocks||12% to 5%|
|7||Walking sticks||12% to 5%|
|8||Marble rubble||18% to 5%|
|9||Agglomerated cork||18% to 12%|
|10||Cork roughly squared or debugged||18% to 12%|
|11||Articles of Natural cork||18% to 12%|
|12||Movie Tickets < or = Rs 100||18% to 12%|
|13||Premium on Third party insurance on Vehicles||18% to 12%|
|14||Accessories for Handicapped Mobility Vehicles||28% to 5%|
|15||Power banks||28% to 18%|
|16||Movie Tickets > Rs 100||28% to 18%|
|17||Video game consoles, equipments used for Billiards and Snooker and other sport related items of HSN code 9504||28% to 18%|
|18||Retreated & used pneumatic Rubber Tyres||28% to 18%|
|19||Colour Television Sets & monitors up to “32 Inches”||28% to 18%|
|20||Digital & Video Camera recorders||28% to 18%|
|21||Pulleys, transmission shafts, cranks and gear boxes under HSN 8483||28% to 18%|
|22||Tax rate on Air travel of pilgrims reduced*||28% to 18%|
*For travel by non-scheduled/chartered operations for religious pilgrimage which are facilitated by GoI under bi-lateral agreements.
-GST on the composite supply of goods attracting 5% GST rate where it is supplied along with the supply of construction services and other goods for solar power plant, is now levied as follows:
- 70% of value is considered as supply of goods and taxed at 5% GST.
- Remaining 30% of the EPC contract value is supply of service and attracts standard tax rate for service.
-Rate of 5%/18% to be applied based on transaction value of footwear.
-Uniform GST rate of 12% on Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container (FIBC) from existing 5%/12% (depending on the value).
Goods recommended for exemption
- Supply of gold by Nominated Agencies to exporters of article of gold Jewellery.
- Proceeds received by Government from auction of gifts received by President, Prime Minister, Governor or Chief Minister of a State and public servants, the proceeds of which is used for public or charitable cause.
- Vehicles imported for temporary purposes under the Customs Convention on the Temporary importation of Private Road Vehicles (carnet de passages-en-douane) will be exempt from IGST and Compensation cess.
The GST Council today approved a change in tax rates of 29 goods and 53 categories of services, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said. Mr Jaitley, who heads the powerful GST Council, said the new rates will be effective from 20-09-2018
- GST Council considers simplification of return filing process
- In next meet, bringing petroleum under GST may be considered
New GST Rates
- GST Rate List with HSN Code List (All Items List), GST Rate Chart
- List of goods on which GST rate recommended reduction from 28% TO 18%
- List of goods on which GST rate recommended reduction from 18% TO 12%
- List of goods on which GST rate recommended reduction from 12% TO 5%
- List of goods on which GST rate recommended reduction from 12% TO 18%
- List of goods on which GST rate recommended reduction from 3% TO 0.25%
- Changes in compensation cess on certain goods
- Changes in IGST Rate Recommended on Certain Goods
Keep visit to this page for live update of today’s GST Rates updates…
How to Deal After Changes in GST rate of goods
The CBEC vide Notification No. 41/2017-Central Tax (Rate) dated 14th November 2017 effective from 15th November 2017 reduced GST rates on goods from 28% to 18% on goods falling in 178 headings at 4-digit level (including 4 tariff heading that are partially pruned). After these changes, only 50 items will attract GST rate of 28%
Q- How do we determine the rate of tax in case, if there is change in the tax rates?
Ans. Three important events need to be considered – Date of raising invoice, receipt of payment and completion of supply. If any of the two events occur before the change in rate of tax, then the old rate will apply, else the new rate will apply.
Illustration – Rate of GST on Supply made on or after November 15, 2017 reduced from say 28% to 18% then the tax to be applied on supplies will be as under :
- Before– Event occurred before November 15, 2017
- After– Event occurred on or after November 15, 2017
|Supply Provided||Invoice issued||Payment received||GST Rate|
GST Rates on Goods Chapter Wise
If you want to know more about the GST rates, please check the below table.
It may be noted that date of receipt of payment shall be the date of credit in the bank account if such credit in the bank
GST Rates by item wise at One Place in PDF & Articles Format
GST Rates on Services in Hindi –
For More details about GST Rates in Hindi, Please visit on following link – GST Rate in Hindi
GST Nil rate (0%):
No tax will be imposed on items like fresh meat, fish chicken, eggs, milk, butter milk, curd, natural honey, fresh fruits and vegetables, flour, besan, bread, prasad, salt, bindi. Sindoor, stamps, judicial papers, printed books, newspapers, bangles, handloom etc. click here for list of all goods exempted from GST
GST 5% Items List
Items such as fish fillet, cream, skimmed milk powder, branded paneer, frozen vegetables, coffee, tea, spices, pizza bread, rusk, sabudana, kerosene, coal, medicines, stent, lifeboats will attract tax of 5 percent. click here for list of all goods Covered under 5% GST Rate
GST 12% Items list
Frozen meat products , butter, cheese, ghee, dry fruits in packaged form, animal fat, sausage, fruit juices, Bhutia, namkeen, Ayurvedic medicines, tooth powder, agarbatti, colouring books, picture books, umbrella, sewing machine, and cellphones will be under 12 per cent tax slab. click here for list of all goods Covered under 12% GST Rate
GST 18% Items List
Most items are under this tax slab which include flavoured refined sugar, pasta, cornflakes, pastries and cakes, preserved vegetables, jams, sauces, soups, ice cream, instant food mixes, mineral water, tissues, envelopes, tampons, note books, steel products, printed circuits, camera, speakers and monitors. click here for list of all goods Covered under 18% GST Rate
GST 28% Items list
The highest under GST system. click here for list of all goods Covered under 28% GST Rate
GST Rates Finalised, GST Rate Slabs 5%, 12%, 18% & 28%. GST rate structure finalized. Check more details from the following link…
Important Articles for You
- GST Rates & HSN Codes for Chocolate & Cocoa Products – Chapter 18
- List of all Goods Covered under GST 18% Rate list, GST 18% Items List (updated till 01-10-2019)
- Part 2 – List of all Goods Covered under GST 18% Rate list 2020
- Addendum to the GST Rate Schedule Discussed on 3rd June 2017
- GST के रेट तय हो गए है, ये है सस्ते और महंगे प्रोडक्ट की लिस्ट (GST रेट्स की फाइनल तस्वीर)
- GST Rates Decided on Certain Goods and Services on 18th June 2017