GST Rates 2018, GST Rates in India 2018 (Item Wise GST Rate List in PDF). Download GST Rate Finder. Search GST Rate List in PDF Format and Excel Format with HSN Code List. GST Rates are finalised and here below we provide list of all GST Rates on Goods & Services Applicable from July 1st, 2017. Download GST Rates 2018 in PDF Format, We finally have the GST rates out and a near certainty of implementation with effect from 1st July, GST Item Wise list available in PDF format for Download. GST Tax Rate in India. GST Rates Finalised, GST Rate Slabs 5%, 12%, 18% & 28%. Combined GST rate is being discussed by the Government. After the total GST rate is arrived the centre and state will decide on the CGST and SGST rate. Here you may check gst rates in india item wise in pdf format or gst tax rate list 2018 as approved by GST Council in various meetings.
The rates of GST (CGST+SGST/UTGST) include Nil, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. These rates will apply to IGST also. CGST and SGST rate is expected to be same. IGST is expected to be equal to double the CGST rate. Thus if CGST and SGST is same, the IGST rate will be equal to the rate of SGST plus CGST.
For Example:- Rajesh, a dealer in Maharashtra sold goods to Anand in Maharashtra worth INR 10,000. The GST rate is 18% comprising of CGST rate of 9% and SGST rate of 9%, in such case the dealer collects INR 1800 and INR 900 will go to the central government and INR 900 will go to the Maharashtra government.
Again, if Rajesh sells goods to dealer in Delhi worth INR 10,000, this being inter- state, the dealer will charge IGST at the rate of 18% and the amount collected INR 1800 will go the central government and will later be apportioned between the union and the states on the recommendation of the GST Council.
How to Deal After Changes in GST rate of goods
The CBEC vide Notification No. 41/2017-Central Tax (Rate) dated 14th November 2017 effective from 15th November 2017 reduced GST rates on goods from 28% to 18% on goods falling in 178 headings at 4-digit level (including 4 tariff heading that are partially pruned). After these changes, only 50 items will attract GST rate of 28%
Q- How do we determine the rate of tax in case, if there is change in the tax rates?
Ans. Three important events need to be considered – Date of raising invoice, receipt of payment and completion of supply. If any of the two events occur before the change in rate of tax, then the old rate will apply, else the new rate will apply.
Illustration – Rate of GST on Supply made on or after November 15, 2017 reduced from say 28% to 18% then the tax to be applied on supplies will be as under :
- Before– Event occurred before November 15, 2017
- After– Event occurred on or after November 15, 2017
|Supply Provided||Invoice issued||Payment received||GST Rate|
It may be noted that date of receipt of payment shall be the date of credit in the bank account if such credit in the bank
177 items to become cheaper as GST Council decides to trim 28% slab on 10-11-2017
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council has decided to hold only 50 items in the tax bracket of 28%. Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar, Sushil Kumar Modi said, 18% GST will now be seen on chewingam, chocolate, after shaving, deodorant, washing powder, detergent and marble. Sushil Modi is also the Chairman of the GST Council Council and the Committee for the Improvement of GST Network. This is 23rd council meeting. In addition to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, the State Finance Ministers and GST Chargeholders attended.
Please Check Following Articles for more details and Item wise GST Rates List changed on 10-11-2017
- Updated list of CGST rate on goods with HSN Code, as on 15.11.2017 in PDF
- List of all Goods Covered under GST 28% Rate list, GST 28% Items List
- Item Wist GST Rate Reduced From 28% to 18 % and Other Changes
- Item Wise GST Rate Revised on 10th Nov 2017 for Certain Goods, Services PDF
- Decisions relating to Services in 23rd GST Council meeting on 10-11-2017
- List of Goods Exempted under GST Regime, GST Nil Rate List 2017
- List of all Goods Covered under GST 5% Rate list, GST 5% Items List 2017
- List of all Goods Covered under GST 18% Rate list, GST 18% Items List
- List of all Goods Covered under GST 12% Rate list, GST 12% Items List
- GST Council 23rd Meeting Highlights, GST Rate Reduced from 28% to 18%
Here’s what Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said at the press conference:
- In our effort to rationalise GST structure, the council has been reviewing rates from time to time.
- Initially the principal of equivalance was maintained…where in tax on items which were prevalant on items before July was maintained.
- In last three meetings, 30-40 items have been removed from 28% tax bracket. Today 177 items have been transferred from 28 to 18% bracket.
- Wheat grinders and armour fighting vehicles have been brought to 12 per cent
- 13 items have been shifted to 12% from 18% GST bracket
- Six items have been moved from 18% to 5% bracket.
- Eight items from 12% have been moved to 5%
- Six items have been shifted from 5% GST bracket to 0% basket
- Have decided to not give input tax credit to restaurants as it was found that they were not passing on the benefits to consumers. All AC and non-AC restaurants will now attract 5 per cent tax.
- Hotels with room rent of Rs 7,500 and above will attract 18%?? tax.
Finance Secretary Hashmuk Adhia also spoke at the conference. Here’s what he said:
- This was a learning cycle for us.
- Penalty on late filing reduced: For nil tax, late filing penalty reduced to Rs 20 per day from Rs 200?.?
- For others late filing penalty reduced from Rs 200 per day to Rs 50 per day.
- There will be uniform rate of one per cent on both traders and manufacturers.
- Composition scheme threshold has been increased to Rs 1.5 crore which require amendment of law. The cap on the scheme will be increased to Rs 2 crore.
- In the current year, all taxpayers will have to file only GSTR-1.
GST Rates 2017 by item wise at One Place in PDF & Articles Format
GST Rates on Goods Chapter Wise
If you want to know more about the GST rates, please check the below table.
GST Council revises rates for 66 items on (11-06-2017)
After the 16th GST Council meet concluded today, the rates of 66 items under the upcoming GST regime have been revised.
The finance minister added that under the GST, traders, manufacturers and restaurants with turnover of up to Rs 75 lakh can avail the composition scheme, against Rs 50 lakh earlier. click here to know more about GST Composition Scheme
Some of the revised tax items, the FM highlighted were:
- There would be two categories of GST rates on cinema, 28% in case tickets above Rs.100 and 18% in case of tickets up to Rs.100
- Cashew revised from 12% to 5%
- Packaged food, including some fruits and vegetables, pickles, toppings, instant food, sauces revised from 18% to 12%
- Agarbatti revised from 12% to 5%
- Dental wax revised from 28% to 18%
- Insulin revised from 12% to 5%
- Plastic beads revised from 28% to 18%
- Plastic turpolin revised from 28% to 18%
- School bags revised from 28% to 18%
- Exercise books revised from 18% to 12%
- Coloring books revised from 12% to nil
- Pre-cast concrete pipes revised from 28% to 18%
- Cutlery revised from 18% to 12%
- Tractor components revised from 28% to 18%
- Computer printers revised from 28% to 18%
GST Rates on Services in Hindi –
For More details about GST Rates in Hindi, Please visit on following link – GST Rate in Hindi
GST Nil rate (0%):
No tax will be imposed on items like fresh meat, fish chicken, eggs, milk, butter milk, curd, natural honey, fresh fruits and vegetables, flour, besan, bread, prasad, salt, bindi. Sindoor, stamps, judicial papers, printed books, newspapers, bangles, handloom etc. click here for list of all goods exempted from GST
GST 5% Items List
Items such as fish fillet, cream, skimmed milk powder, branded paneer, frozen vegetables, coffee, tea, spices, pizza bread, rusk, sabudana, kerosene, coal, medicines, stent, lifeboats will attract tax of 5 percent. click here for list of all goods Covered under 5% GST Rate
GST 12% Items list
Frozen meat products , butter, cheese, ghee, dry fruits in packaged form, animal fat, sausage, fruit juices, Bhutia, namkeen, Ayurvedic medicines, tooth powder, agarbatti, colouring books, picture books, umbrella, sewing machine, and cellphones will be under 12 per cent tax slab. click here for list of all goods Covered under 12% GST Rate
GST 18% Items List
Most items are under this tax slab which include flavoured refined sugar, pasta, cornflakes, pastries and cakes, preserved vegetables, jams, sauces, soups, ice cream, instant food mixes, mineral water, tissues, envelopes, tampons, note books, steel products, printed circuits, camera, speakers and monitors. click here for list of all goods Covered under 18% GST Rate
GST 28% Items list
Chewing gum, molasses, chocolate not containing cocoa, waffles and wafers coated with choclate, pan masala, aerated water, paint, deodorants, shaving creams, after shave, hair shampoo, dye, sunscreen, wallpaper, ceramic tiles, water heater, dishwasher, weighing machine, washing machine, ATM, vending machines, vacuum cleaner, shavers, hair clippers, automobiles, motorcycles, aircraft for personal use, and yachts will attract 28 per cent tax – the highest under GST system. click here for list of all goods Covered under 28% GST Rate
- Click Here to Download Item Wise GST Rate List 2017
- GST Compensation Cess Rates 2017 for different supplies
GST Rates Finalised, GST Rate Slabs 5%, 12%, 18% & 28%
Though rates of the GST are never the part of provision of the act but as promised in the Rajya Sabha by Hon. Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitely that upper limit of the tax will be part of the law and therefore upper limit of the tax rate of 14% has been provided in Section 8(1) of CGST /SGST Law) and & 28 % on IGST (Section 5(1) of IGST Law) and therefore, now there will be following categories of the tax rates.
|Rate of Tax||Expected bifurcation||Remark|
|Nil (Exempted Supply)||(0% of CGST & 0% of SGST)||Necessity items may be exempted, which are presently exempted in all the states for VAT. Generally, these will be in the range of 80 to 99 items.|
|5%||(2.5% of CGST & 2.5% of SGST)||Items which are exempted under excise and VAT rate is in the range of 4% to 6% may be covered under this category|
|12%||(6% of CGST & 6% of SGST)||Items on which excise duty is 6% and VAT rate are in the range of 4% – 6% may be covered under this category|
|18%||(9% of CGST & 9% of SGST)||Majority of the Items, which are not directly needed to the consumer and not covered above will cover in this category.|
|28%||(14% of CGST & 14% of SGST)||All other items which are directly reaching to the consumer including luxury goods, i.e. white goods and beverages|
GST Rates Finalised, GST Rate Slabs 5%, 12%, 18% & 28%. GST rate structure finalised. Check more details from following link….
What is the rate applicable under composition levy?
Suppliers opting for Composition levy shall pay a tax calculated on turnover at the rate as may be prescribed, but shall not be less than 2.5% in the case of manufacturer and 1% in the case of other suppliers.
It may be noted that the rates 2.5% and 1% would be in respect of CGST as well as SGST and hence, the effective rate would be 5% and 2% respectively. Further, the composition scheme is not available on Services and inter-state outward supplies.