GST Migration of persons registered under the existing law. CBEC Release revised GST Registration Rules 2017 so here we provide GST Migration Rules as per GST Bill 2017. CBEC Release GST Migration Rules on 2nd April 2017, please check more details for GST Migration of persons registered under the existing law from below….
GST Migration of persons registered under the existing law
(1) (a) Every person, other than a person deducting tax at source or an Input Service Distributor, registered under an existing law and having a Permanent Account Number issued under the Income-tax Act, 1961 (Act 43 of 1961) shall enrol on the Common Portal by validating his e-mail address and mobile number, either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner.
(b) Upon enrolment under clause (a), the said person shall be granted registration on a provisional basis and a certificate of registration in FORM GST REG-25, incorporating the GSTIN therein, shall be made available to him on the Common Portal:
Provided that a taxable person who has been granted multiple registrations under the existing law on the basis of a single PAN shall be granted only one provisional registration under the Act:
Provided further that a person having centralized registration under Chapter V of the Finance Act, 1994 shall be granted only one provisional registration in the State or Union territory in which he is registered under the existing law. (CGST Rules only)
(2)(a) Every person who has been granted a provisional registration under sub-rule (1) shall submit an application electronically in FORM GST REG–24, duly signed, along with the information and documents specified in the said application, on the Common Portal either directly or through a Facilitation Centre notified by the Commissioner.
(b) The information asked for in clause (a) shall be furnished within a period of three months or within such further period as may be extended by in this behalf.
(c) If the information and the particulars furnished in the application are found, by the proper officer, to be correct and complete, a certificate of registration in FORM GST REG-06 shall be made available to the registered person electronically on the Common Portal.
Other Pars of GST Registration Rules
- Part 1 of this article – New GST Registration Rules 2017
- Part 2 of this article – Amendment in GST Registration
- Part 3 of this article – Cancellation of GST Registration
(3) Where the particulars or information specified in sub-rule (2) have either not been furnished or not found to be correct or complete, the proper officer shall cancel the provisional registration granted under sub-rule (1) and issue an order in FORM GST REG-26:
Provided that no provisional registration shall be cancelled as aforesaid without serving a notice to show cause in FORM GST REG-27 and without affording the person concerned a reasonable opportunity of being heard:
Provided further that the show cause notice issued in FORM GST REG-27 can be vacated by issuing an order in FORM GST REG-19, if it is found, after affording the person an opportunity of being heard, that no such cause exists for which the notice was issued.
(4) Every person registered under any of the existing laws, who is not liable to be registered under the Act may, within thirty days from the appointed day, at his option, submit an application electronically in FORM GST REG-28 at the Common Portal for cancellation of the registration granted to him and the proper officer shall, after conducting such enquiry as deemed fit, cancel the said registration.
- GST Enrolment & GST Migration Related Queries with Answers 2017
- Documents Required for GST Registration in India
- GST Registration Schedule, GST Registration last Dates All States 2017
- GST Registration – Procedure, Rules, Forms, Documents Required
- GST Migration for Existing Central Excise, Service Tax Assessees
- GST Registration Consent Letter, Authorization Letter Format
- How to Register and Update Digital Signature (DSC) on GST Portal
- GST Forms: Registration, Return Filing, Payment, Challan, Refund, Invoice
- System Requirements for Using the GST Portal (www.gst.gov.in)
- GST Registration Formats, Download GST Registration Forms
- HSN Code List, Find HSN Code for Your Business