Features of the e-Way Bill System, Check out E-Way Bill Features
Features of the e-Way Bill System. Unique Selling Proposition (USP) of Goods and Services Tax is One Nation- One Tax – One Market. Introducing a separate way bill for each State under the GST system would definitely complicate the compliance and in turn affect the business of the taxpayers and transporters. Such a system of separate e-Way Bill for each State would result in hindrance of movement of goods and free trade from one State to another. The State and Central Government officers will also find it difficult to cross-verify such e-Way Bills if generated independently by each State. Check out Features of the e-Way Bill System from below…
Features of the e-Way Bill System
- User friendly System – The system is user friendly with lots of easy to use operations by the users.
- Easy and quick generation of methods – There are a number of methods are provided using which the users can easily and quickly generate the e-Way Bills.
- Checks and balances – The number of checks and balances have been introduced as per the requirements so that errors/mistakes of the users are eliminated.
- Multiple modes for e-Way Bill generation – This system support different modes of e-Way Bill generation. The user can register the mode of e-Way Bill generation and use them for eWay Bill generation.
- Creating own masters – The user has a provision to create his own masters like customers, suppliers, products and transporters. The system facilitates to use them while generating the e-Way Bill.
- Managing sub-users – The taxpayer or registered person can create, modify and freeze the sub-users for generation of the e-Way Bill and assign them to his employees or branches as per need. This system also facilitates him to assign the roles/activities to be played by the sub-user on the system.
- Monitoring the e-Way Bills generated against me – The system facilitates the registered person to know the number of e-Way Bills, generated by other registered persons, against him/her. There is an option to user to reject these e-Way Bills, if they do not belong to him.
- Generating the GSTR-1 from the e-Way Bills – Based on the e-Way Bills generated, the system pulls the GSTR-1 related information and pushes it to the taxpayers GSTR-1 returns. This avoids the taxpayers in uploading these transaction details.
- Consolidated e-Way Bill – The system supports the transporters to prepare the consolidated e-Way Bill and hand over to the person in charge of the conveyance instead of giving the multiple e-Way Bills for movement of multiple consignments like parcel in one vehicle.
- Enabling the unregistered transporters to use e-Way Bill – There is a provision for unregistered transporters to enrol and create a user for him to generate the e-Way Bills and update the vehicle numbers.
- Alerting the taxpayers – The system alerts and notifies the users through the web and SMS about the various activities like new notifications, rejected EWB, verified EWB, etc.
- QR bar code on the e-Way Bill – The QR code on the e-way bill helps for easier and faster verification of the e-Way Bill by the tax officers.
- Integrating with RFID for tracking the movement of the e-Way Bill – The provision has been made to integrate with the RFID for tracking the movement of e-Way Bill by the tax officers, without stopping the vehicle on the road.